Welcome to my world.
It's funny, I used to love music. I fell into the "business" quite by accident, no dreams, no starry eyes, it just seemed an easy way to meet people (and by people I mean babes), travel and get free stuff (and by free stuff I mean booze). Plus, it wasn't illegal, which seemed to be my only other option at the time, thanks to my lower middle-class upbringing.
Over the years, however, you meet people, find yourself in certain situations, and ask, "why does everyone say, 'it's all about the music, man?'" when clearly it is not?
When I talk to people in the business community who have no idea how "the business" works, and I explain it to them, they look at me like I am from another planet. They ask, "do people really go for this?" It's true, try it at home.
Be careful what you wish for.
Christ. I sound like a whiner....
Still "Fuck You" After All These Years
-
Happy fifth anniversary, you crazy son of a bitch.
12 years ago