Friday, April 08, 2005

KISS

I've had a couple of run ins with a couple of the guys from KISS over the years.

The first one was at a MuchMusic Video Awards party a few years ago, where Paul Stanley showed up with The Supermodel Carol Alt. I later discovered that this was a staged entrance, Paul left with Lance Bass and Carol picked up the drummer of the band i was in. Quite funny, actually, because Paul ditched her, she had no ride to the after party. I ever so graciously offered her a ride in our limo, but my bone head drummer, who was oblivious to her advances, informed her that there was no room.

Another time, I spent the afternoon with Gene Simmons. Weird, because we spent the afternoon talking about contract law. Quite a contrast to the fire breathing blood spewing demon who graced my prepubescent bedroom walls. The day felt like a mini class of rock school.