Monday, April 11, 2005

Laundry day

Yep,

I have too many towels

I have a lot of t-shirts

I was listening to the local rock station today and they were talking about an out door festival show that happened on friday evening. Apparently the headlining act got bottled off the stage. At a university show. University.

Now, perhaps this is a modern day rite of passage for young people, akin to swallowing goldfish and stuffing telephone booths, maybe I missed something along the way.

Maybe I'm old and bitter.

But I can empathize. I have been hit with flying debris many times while onstage, and it is no fun.

Actually, it sucks.

I can't say I blame anyone for not wanting to complete a performance under such hostile conditions, but kudos go to those artists who plow through for the sake of the true fans.

Lemmy said it best, "If you are standing next to someone and they throw something, cripple them! Cause we are going to leave and not come back!" Coarse, but I feel his pain. Especially the time I was hit by a beer bottle.

Time for the spin cycle....